The Ayrshire Foundation meets two times per year
to review grant applications, and completed grant proposals are appreciated by March 15 for our May/June meeting,
and September 15 for our October meeting.
How We Decide...
- We are less inclined to make ongoing, operational-type grants.
- We are enthusiastic about projects that relate to more than one grant category (e.g., the internship
program at the Academy of Science); grants that can be leveraged to attract other funding (e.g., the Oak Hill School);
and projects that are replicable (e.g., the Edible Schoolyard).
- We will consider multi-year or matching grants.
- We currently are not set up to give to individuals, but individuals can benefit from donee organizations
that we support.
- Because of the size of our foundation, we see ourselves often as effective seeders, and the scale
of the request as well as that of the project should be considered when seeking funding.
- Due to charitable laws, we cannot give to political causes or direct lobbying efforts, but our activism may express
itself by the organizations and type of projects we fund.
- All organizations must be a 501(c)3 nonprofit in order to be considered.